Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
ASIST teaches participants to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
An intensive, two-day interactive workshop on suicide first aid. ASIST this course is suitable for all kinds of caregivers, including health workers, teachers, community workers, youth workers, volunteers and people responding to family, friends and co-workers in crisis.
ASIST is the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop and is supported by numerous evaluations including independent and peer-reviewed studies. Results demonstrate that ASIST helps participants become more willing, ready, and able to intervene with someone at risk of suicide.
ASIST is also proven to reduce suicidality for those at risk. A 2013 study that monitored over 1,500 suicidal callers to crisis lines found that callers who spoke to ASIST-trained counsellors were 74% less likely to be suicidal after the call, compared to callers who spoke to counsellors trained in methods other than ASIST. Callers were also less overwhelmed, less depressed and more hopeful after speaking with ASIST-trained counsellors.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life promotion and self-care
$495 per person
Anyone 16 or older
Public trainings: Nurturing, comfortable and convenient venues. Tea, coffee and catered morning tea and afternoon tea is included.
Training Terms & Conditions
to reschedule. Please contact us and state clearly the date of your current booking and your preferred alternate date and location.
Full course refund
if more than 2 weeks notice. (less third party fees and charges).
if less than 2 weeks notice.
if less than 1 week notice.
Introduction to Trauma
This workshop will help you to understand the internal landscape of those affected by trauma, the common impacts on a person’s brain and body, and what this means in terms of behaviour, social skills, self-regulation and more.
$295 per person